Akademie für Suffizienz in Reckenthin / Prignitz
Kunst-Stoffe – Zentralstelle für wiederverwendbare Materialien
and Group Global 3000
invite artists of all disciplines to a residency in the time frame July 23 to August 23 2018
combined with an exhibition in Berlin (August 24 to October 19 2018)
Open Call for Residency and Exhibition: The Soil we live of
Residency and exhibition deal with connotations of soil and ground as environment and as subject to human invasion. The outer layer of our planet is being sealed with concrete, the humus is being degraded by industrial agriculture. The soil looses its capacity to accumulate water and to host a broad variety of species. Works of all genres are possible, such as object, photographie, video, installation, sound, performance, painting, drawing. Open Call for Residency and Exhibition “The Soil we live of ”
The call addresses artists working in the field of sustainability and economy. We understand sustainability as respecting planetary boundaries and as orienting oneself towards goals of social justice. Economy we define as organising human provisioning. How we organise this much determines if and how we respect planetary boundaries and if social justice is possible at all.
Offer Residency and Exhibition: The Soil we live of
– Room and board and work space in the Akademie fuer Suffizienz in a rural setting. Basic workshop and equipment is available as well as basic art supplies for the artistic work on the programs theme “The Soil we live of”
– During the residency open studio event on site
– Participation in a group exhibition in the gallery Group Global 3000, Berlin: “Der Boden von dem wir leben” (The Soil we live of) from August 24 to October 19
Application for Open Call for Residency and Exhibition: The Soil we live of
Participants have to cover their travel expenses. We don’t want to contribute to climate related problems of air traffic. Therefore, we prefer applications from within train distance. We will provide support in the acquisition of travel grants if desired. The residencies take place between July 23 and August 23.
Applications may be send electronically (in one PDF max 3MB), consisting of:
– A letter of intend describing applicants interest in working within the thematic frame and
the context of this residency
– A documentation of no more than two previous projects
– A project proposal, outlining the activities planned during the stay and for the exhibition
Deadline for application is March 5th 2018
Applications and questions please via e-mail to: residency(at)kunst-stoffe-berlin.de.
Successful applicants will be informed by March 20th.
The jury is composed of representatives of the three inviting organisations.