Open Call for Residency and Exhibition “Paths to Sustainability”
Open call until March 10, 2019
Residency 19. 7. 2019 – 15.8. 2019
Exhibition, talks, presentation 16.8.2019 – 25.10.2019, Fridays 17- 20 clock
Many people seek fulfillment in consumption. Some people are already seeking and practicing life in harmony with the borders of our earth. They are accompanied on this way by advice, role models, suggestions and dogmas. How do we decide, what convinces us? What does a sustainable lifestyle look like for an ecologically, socially and economically sustainable society?
Residence and exhibition address this search for ways to sustainability, the obstacles and detours, the doubts and beliefs. The call is aimed at artists who work in the field of sustainability and economics.
Sustainability means understanding ecological boundaries and orienting ourselves towards social justice. We define economics as an organization of care for people. The way we do business is crucial to whether we can meet global boundaries and whether social justice is possible.
Overnight stay, food and working space at the Academy for Sufficiency in rural surroundings for three artists.
A simply furnished studio, workshops and basic equipment with tools are available.
Selected materials for the artistic work on the topic “Paths to sustainability” is provided by Kunst-Stoffe – Zentralstelle für wiederverwendbare Materialien.
Organization ‘Open Studio’ during the stay on site (expected 11th of August)
Group exhibition in the project room Group Global 3000 in Berlin. After the stay we show the works created in the residence in our exhibition “Wege zur Nachhaltigkeit”: 16.8. – 25.10.2019.
- Travel expenses must be borne by the participants. We do not want to contribute to climate-related problems of air travel. That’s why we prefer applications from regions where you can travel by train. If necessary, we support the application for travel scholarships.
- The residences will take place during the period 19 July – 15 August 2019.
- We request applications electronically (in one PDF max 3MB) as follows:
- A letter of motivation setting out the applicant’s interests in the context and theme of the program
A documentation of a maximum of two previous projects, works
A project or work proposal for the given topic for the stay and the exhibition. Possible are: object, sculpture, installation, photo, painting, drawing, printmaking, video, sound.
A performance or similar to vernissage, artist talk or finissage is also very welcome.
- Application deadline is March 10, 2019
- Applications and questions by e-mail to: residency (at) kunst-stoffe-berlin.de.
Applicants will be informed until March 20, 2019.
The jury consists of representatives of the three welcoming institutions.
Program of the exhibition “Paths to Sustainability”
Construction 14.8., 17-19 clock
Vernissage 16.8., 19 clock
Artist talk 30.8., 19 clock
Lecture 13.9., 19 clock.
Finissage 25.10., 19 clock
Curator of the exhibition: Tom Albrecht